After a Sunday service, you can certainly feel the spirit of God pulsing through you. This warm and loving feeling does not only have to be available on Sunday. Here are a few helpful tips to enjoy this feeling every day, as well as help your children learn to feel the love that surrounds them.
Young children may have a harder time understanding the messages that they hear in church. It is why it is crucial to keep their attention, answer their questions, and show them unconditional love and support.
Keep Their Attention
- Tell stories by acting or doing skits.
- Allow them to take part in activities.
- Get them talking by asking them questions.
- Teach with high energy, so the children feel the energy you emit.
- Incorporate items that make them feel excited.
- Form a group that they can be a part of, for example, The God Squad.
- Always remember to smile.
- Share personal stories, so the children will know who you are.
- Create friendships with each child.
- Offer motivation, love, and support to every child.
- Stay consistent in your attitude and behavior.
Children are little sponges that soak up the world around them. They are the sounding board that allows everyone else to see how they, as children, view the world. If you suffer from mood swings, then children too will display this behavior. Therefore, if you want to teach and minister to children, then it is essential to control your thoughts and actions.
When things go wrong, it is easy to lose control of your temper or let your faith falter. However, if you stay mindful of your reactions, then you can ensure that children will learn to accept change with grace. Teach them to pray not only in times of need or trouble but rather, to offer thanks and praise. It will help them lead with a gracious attitude versus one fueled by wants and false needs.
Handling Disruptive Children
- Stay calm.
- Maintain eye contact.
- Allow them to speak.
- Explain why the situation is inappropriate.
- Offer solutions for better ways to handle problems such as anger, fear, and sadness.
For more helpful information, check out our website to find useful learning that will help you effectively teach and minister to the children. With so many valuable resources and ideas for topics, you will undoubtedly find something that will help you minister to each child effectively.